Jimmy Valentine থেকে সমস্ত ধরনের M.C.Q, VSAQ ও LAQ আলোচিত হয়েছে । এর সাথে সম্ভাব্য Grammar গুলিও দেওয়া আছে ।
All types of M.C.Q , VSAQ and LAQ of Jimmy Valentine are discussed with probable Textual Grammar.
Studysolves.com পরীক্ষার প্রস্তুতির সেরা ঠিকানা, আজ আমরা আপনাদের জন্য নিয়ে এসেছি Jimmy Valentine Question and Answer নিচে Post টি যত্নসহকারে পড়ুন ও জ্ঞানভাণ্ডার বৃদ্ধি করুন। নিয়মিত বিনামূল্যে পড়াশোনা করতে এবং নোটস, সাজেশান, প্রশ্ন উত্তর ইত্যাদি স্টাডি ম্যাটেরিয়াল PDF আকারে বিনামূল্যে ডাউনলোড করতে এবং ভিডিও ক্লাস করতে আমাদের ওয়েবসাইট www.studysolves.com ভিজিট করুন।
Jimmy Valentine Question and Answer
Multiple Choice Questions
1) Jimmy Valentine was sentenced for prison for —— a) 10 years, b) 4 years, c) 10 months, d) 8 years.
2) Jimmy had served in jail for —– a) about 10 months, b) about 3 months, c) about 4 months, d) about 6 months.
3) The name of the guard who took back Jimmy to the prison was —– a) Cronin, b) Crocin, c) Ben, d) Mike Dolan.
4) Jimmy Valentine was sent to Jail for being involved ——- a) Logansport case, b) Springfield case, c) Richmond case, d) Elmore case.
5) The identification number of Jimmy Valentine in jail was ——- a) 9762, b) 9672, c) 9267, d) 9826.
6) The new profession adopted by Jimmy in Elmore was —- a) tailoring, b) stock broking, c) shoe business, d) hotel business.
7) By the clerk of the jail Jimmy was given——– a ) a pair of shoes, b) a railroad ticket, c) five dollars bill, d) five dollars bill and a railroad ticket.
8) Jimmy had a plan to hand over his set of tools to Billy on —— a) Sunday evening, b) Wednesday evening, c) Friday evening, d) Wednesday night.
9) “My precious darling”—– here ‘darling’ refers to —– a) May, b) Agatha, c) Annabel, d) Polly Simpson.
10) The name of the detective in ‘Jimmy Valentine’ is ——- a) Ben Spenser, b) Ben Price, c) Mike Dolan, d) Billy Gibson.
11) The distance of the town of Elmore from the railroad was ——- a) 5 miles, b) 6 miles, c) 7 miles, d) 8 miles.
12) Jimmy Valentine opened at Elmore a ——- a) shoe-store, b) play store, c) computer, d) jewellery shop.
13) Mike Dolan was the name of —— a) the warden, b) Jimmy’s old friend, c) Annabel’s husband, d) the governor.
14) Jimmy Valentine wanted to give his set of tools to his friend named ——- a) Pal, b) Billy, c) Ralph, d) Mike.
15) Jimmy was handed his pardon by the —– a) guard, b) warden, c) Governor, d) clerk.
16) Jimmy’s pardon was signed by —— a) guard, b) warden, c) Governor, d) clerk.
17) The burglary tools had cost Jimmy —— a) nine hundred dollars, b) over nine hundred dollars, c) one thousand dollars, d) five hundred dollars.
18) “She will die of fright”—here ‘she’ refers to —– a) May, b) Agatha, c) Annabel, d) Polly Simpson.
19) Jimmy wrote a letter to his friend on —– a) Monday night, b) Friday night, c) Saturday night, d) Sunday night.
20) Ralph wanted to buy his weeding-suit from —— a) Elmore, b) Little Rock, c) Richmond, d) Logansport.
21) On the day of his release Jimmy stood at the warden’s office at —— a) seven, b) half past seven, c) quarter to seven, d) eight.
22) Mike Dolan was the owner of a —— a) bank, b) hotel, c) café, d) shoe store.
23) Dolph Gibson was ——- a) owner of a bank, b) owner of a café, c) driver of a buggy, d) a detective.
24) At Elmore Jimmy had stayed in —— a) Annabel’s house, b) Planter’s hotel, c) his own house, d) Bill’s house.
25) The owner of the Elmore Bank was —— a) Ralph D Spencer, b) Mr. Adams, c) Mike Dolan, d) Ben Price.
26) At Elmore Jimmy’s new name was —– a) Ralph D Spencer, b) Dolph Gibson, c) Mike Dolan, d) Ben Price.
27) Ben Price came at Elmore on —— a) Monday night, b) Friday night, c) Saturday night, d) Sunday night.
28) In his room Jimmy discovered Ben Price’s ——– a) tie, b) collar button, c) shirt-brand, d) collar bone.
29) Ben Price looked at Ralph D Spencer from —– a) a long distance, b) a drug store, c) a shoe store, d) a bank.
30) The little girl who was shut in the vault in Elmore Bank was —— a) Annabel, b) May, c) Agatha, d) Annie.
31) Ralph D Spencer was —– a) the phoenix that arose out of Jimmy Valentine’s ashes, b) the banker, c) an alibi, d) the petty thief.
Very Short Answer Type Questions
1) Who was Jimmy Valentine ?
Ans: Jimmy Valentine was a skilled young burglar.
2) Who was Ralph D Spencer ?
Ans: Ralph D Spencer was the Phoenix that arose out of Jimmy Valentine’s ashes.
3) Who was Annabel Adams ?
Ans: Annabel Adams was the banker’s daughter and beloved of Ralph D Spencer.
4) Who was Mike Dolan ?
Ans: Mike Dolan was the owner of the café and Jimmy Valentine’s old friend.
5) Who was Ben Price ? / What was the name of the investigator in the short story ‘Jimmy Valentine’ ?
Ans: Ben Price was the detective / investigator in the short story ‘Jimmy Valentine’.
6) What materials were there in the suitcase of Jimmy ?
Ans: Jimmy’s suitcase contained his burglary tools of drills, punches, clams and his own invented tools.
7) Who arrested Jimmy and from where ?
Ans: Ben Price arrested Jimmy from his residence.
8) How much did Jimmy spend on his burglary tools ?
Ans: Jimmy spent over nine hundred dollars on his burglary tools.
9) Who were May and Agatha ?
Ans: May and Agatha was the daughters of Annabel’s married sister.
10) What was the identification number of Jimmy in Jail ?
Ans: The number of identification of Jimmy Valentine in jail was 9762.
11) What did the clerk give Jimmy ?
Ans: The clerk gave Jimmy a railroad ticket and five dollar bill.
12) “Better think over my advice”—-What was the advice ?
Ans: The warden advised Jimmy to stop cracking safe and live honestly.
13) “Ben Price knew Jimmy’s habits”—– What were Jimmy’s habits ?
Ans: Long jumps, quick gateways, no confederates and taste for good society were the habits of Jimmy.
14) Which profession did Jimmy undertake at Elmore ?
Ans: Jimmy undertook / started shoe-business at Elmore.
15) Who locked Agatha inside the vault ?
Ans: May, nine-year-old daughter of Annabel’s married sister locked Agatha inside the vault.
Descriptive Types Questions Mark-5
1) Write a note on how Ralph D. Spencer found a good prospect in the town Elmore. / G.
Give an account of Jimmy’s life in Elmore before his real identity was disclosed.
Ans: In O. Henry’s short story Jimmy Valentine’, Jimmy Valentine is the alias of an expert safe-cracker.
After release from jail Jimmy looted three banks. As the administration became active for this, Jimmy sensed danger and left the town. He went to Elmore. There he was attracted to the eyes of a banker’s beautiful daughter, Annabel Adams. Soon he fell in love with her. He was transformed and took a new name Ralph D. Spencer. He opened a shoe-store and became a successful businessman. At the end of the year, he gained social prestige, development and friend circle of his own. Annabel’s father approved of her marriage with Jimmy.
Thus the love at first sight brought about a complete change in Jimmy. He became Ralph D. Spencer, a changed being.
2) Comment on the ending of the short story ‘Jimmy Valentine’, –
Ans: The ending of O. Henry’s short story Jimmy Valentine’ is very interesting.
The expert safe-breaker Jimmy Valentine had settled at Elmore to have a new life. He took the new name of Ralph D. Spencer and started a successful business. The story reached its climax when a little girl got locked inside a vault of the bank of Mr. Adams. In this critical situation Annabel urged Ralph to do something. Risking his own life Ralph changed himself into Jimmy Valentine and used the burglary tools to rescue the girl. As his identity was disclosed, he readily surrendered to Ben Price was present at the bank at that time, he pretended not to know him. Impressed Jimmy’s reformation he let him led an honest life.
Thus the ending shows that destiny is not at all hard to a really honest effort to change and live honestly.
i) Ben Price knew Jimmy’s habits. ii) I never cracked a safe in my life.
ii) The clerk was impressed by the clothes and manner of Jimmy.
iv) unlock him at seven in morning.
v) Her pa owns this bank. vi) He’s resumed business.
vii) The warden gave him a cigar. vili) Jimmy took it in a tired kind of way.
ix) Jimmy collared a boy loafing on the steps of the bank.
x) He opened a shoe-store and secured a good run of trade.
i) ‘Isn’t that young lady Polly Simpson?’ asked Jimmy with specious guile.
ii) The warden said, “Better think over my advise, Valentine”. *
iii) “Can’t you do something, Ralph?” said Annabel
iv) The warden said, “Brace up, and make a man of yourself”.
v) The warden said, “Better think over my advise, valentine”.
Change of Parts-of-speech
i) The next morning Jimmy took breakfast at the Adams. ( Use verb form )
ii) Socially he was also a success. ( Use Adjective form )
iii) Mr. Adams was proud of it. (Use verb and noun form )
iv) Jimmy Valentine was assiduously stitching the uppers. (use noun form ) ee
v) Mike Dolan asked genially. (use adjective form )
vi) The clerk was impressed by the clothes and manner of Jimmy ( Use noun form )
vii) He cordially gave information. (Verb form )
viii) I’m making an honest living. ( Use adverb form )
i) He laid his suitcase on the table, and opened it out flat. ( split )
ii) x) Pulling out from the wall a folding-bed, Jimmy slid back a panel in the wall and dragged out
a dust covered suitcase. ( Split )
i) He seemed to be unconscious of the presence of anyone else. ( Negative )
ii) He never touched hard drinks. ( affirmative )
iii) Inever cracked a safe in my life. ( affirmative )
iv) Socially he was also a success. (Negative )
i) Ben Price turned and strolled down the street. (Simple )
ii) The warden gave him a cigar and shook hands. ( Complex )
iii) Pulling out from the wall a folding-bed, Jimmy slid back a panel in the wall. (Complex )
iv) He tossed quarter into the hat of a blind man sitting by the door. ( complex )
Articles and Prepositions
1) One day Jimmy sat down ____- his room and wrote this letter, which he mailed ______ ______
safe address ___ one ____ his old friend _______ St. Louis.
2)_______ there he proceeded leisurely to _______ depot. He tossed_______ quarter _______the hat
_______ a blind man sitting _______ the door.
3) I want you to be _______Sullivan’s place, ___ Little Rock, next Wednesday night, ___nine
o’clock. I want you to up some little matters ___ me. And, also, I want to make you _______
present _______my kit of tools.
4) ___ Elmore Bank had just put ____ a new safe and vault. Mr Adams was very proud_______it, and insisted _______ _______ inspection _______ everyone.
5) Agatha, almost collapsed, but safe, was gathered _______ her mother’s arms. Jimmy Valentine
put ___his coat, and walked outside_______ railing_______ _______ front door. As he went he
thought he heard _______ far away voice.
Also Read: Leela’s Friend
Also Read: Leela’s Friend Question and Answers
Also Read: Karma
Also Read: Karma Questions nd Answer
Also Read: Jimmy Valentine
Also Read: Newspaper Advertisement
Also Read: Commercial Leaflets
“সুতরাং, দেরি না করে এখনইJimmy Valentine Question and Answer PDF টি ডাউনলোড করুন”
Download Jimmy Valentine Question and Answer PDF
File Name:- Jimmy Valentine Question and Answer
File Format:- PDF
File Size:- 3 Mb
File Location:- Google Drive
Also Read: Composed Upon the Westminster Bridge
Also Read: Meeting at Night
Also Read: The Sick Rose
Also Read: Brotherhood
Also Read: Daybreak
ঘোষণা: বিনামূল্যে আমাদের দেওয়া নোটস, সাজেশান, প্রশ্ন উত্তর ইত্যাদি স্টাডি ম্যাটেরিয়াল PDF এবং ভিডিও ক্লাস ভালো লাগলে, আমাদের এই পোস্টের লিংক আপনার বন্ধুদের ফেসবুক, WhatsApp এ শেয়ার করে তাদের পড়ার সুযোগ করে দিন।